Log in

No account? Create an account


Wow. It's been snowing since 3 p.m. We're literally snowed in at our place right now. Mother nature does NOT know it's the end of April.

Anywho - had my Dr.'s appointment today. Turns out that my EDD was actually the 23rd - 2 days ago. That's a more accurate date based on both my ultrasounds etc. Glad I didn't know that until now.

My appointment went a little different than previous ones. Since I'm past my date, they hooked me up to a machine to test baby's heartrate and for any uterine contractions - a non-stress test. I was on it for almost an hour - my Dr. was pulled into an emergency c-section. When he got back he had good news - my chart showed baby's heartrate was fine, and that I was contracting regularly - even though I really couldn't tell - it just felt like the baby was active. Then he checked my cervix, and found out the baby was engaged - and he was able to strip my membranes.

Right after my appointment, we went to Target and walked around for another hour and I felt contractions the whole time - stronger than before. They kept coming pretty good until about 8 p.m. - and they've kept going on and off/usually not as intense for another 4 hours (it's almost midnight). I was able to fall asleep on the couch, and I think I'll get some sleep tonight.

SO - wish me luck - that the snow lets up in case we have to head to the hospital, and that the contractions keep going and get more intense tomorrow. Because it sure would be nice to have this baby soon.


EDD - D-Day

According to the 1st ultrasound done at the end of October, today is my EDD (estimated due date). edit:actually, 2 days ago was my EDD. See next post. :end edit: I haven't had much in the way of contractions/sharp pains since Tuesday.

Last night I worked a bit late and decided to go get some groceries and Papa Murphy's pizzas and pretty much sit around/putter around the house. I was dozing off in the recliner by 10pm, so I went to bed by about 10:30.

I woke up at midnight with a bathroom urge, so I shuffled my way out of bed, noting that my body had that feeling in it again that I was drugged up with relaxin - because my hips and joints all over ached and popped. When I went to sit on the loo, I had a sharp pain in my pelvic region again, so I stood up and shuffled around the bathroom while my body tightened and the baby squirmed. It lasted about 1/2 a minute, and then I realized I was leaking, and my first thought was - oh God, did that just cause my water to break? Upon inspection, however, I determined it wasn't - although it really felt like it could have been.

Then I was up every 1-2 hours until I went to lay in the recliner again at 5:30 a.m. Yeeech.

So today I'm feeling kinda dazed - not quite as exhausted as the past 2 mornings, at least, but still not totally with it.

I have another Dr.'s appointment today at 4, so we'll see how that goes.


I won't be pregnant forever...

Dreams and Nightmares are WAAAAY too vivid right now. :(

First thunderstorm of the season last night. One close strike made the baby and I both jump out of our skins - almost. Would have been something if it would have caused him to jump right outta me. Ha.

I didn't sleep much again. I'm pretty exhausted right now, and am thinking that until I re-coup my strength, I'm not going into labor anytime soon. So tonight I'm going to make an effort to get some rest and relaxation.

Tomorrow is my EDD (estimated due date), and I'm so tired right now that I'm resigning myself to thinking that this COULD potentially last another 2 weeks or so yet, and chanting "I won't be pregnant forever, I won't be pregnant forever, I won't be pregnant forever, I won't be pregnant forever, I won't be pregnant forever..."


Another day, another update...

Ok, last night I had pre-labor contractions for about 2 hours, until about midnight, but I was able to fall asleep. Then I woke up every hour or so until 5 a.m., when I just got up and was having a few more pre-labor contractions for about another hour. I was delirious from lack of sleep, but I didn't get more than a few more minutes worth in the recliner until I took a shower and got ready for work.

I was out of it when I got there. I decided to get a chai latte shortly after 10:30 for a bit of a caffeine pick-me-up.

It was about 11 a.m. when I had my panic attack.

Remember - I'm hormonal, I had dealt with a VERY squirmy baby all day previously, and pre-labor contractions on and off - and I was exhausted from lack of sleep. I suddenly realized that I couldn't remember when the last time was that I had felt the baby moving. I pushed on my belly, trying to get a reaction out of him. Nothing. I ran to the bathroom and emptied my bladder, pressing and pulling and prodding him. Still nothing. My immediate thought was that he had squirmed so much the day before, that he had developed a prolapsed umbilical cord or worse.

I felt sick. I tried to keep myself calm - otherwise I'd miss it if he did move. I knew what I had to do, but I called the Birthing Center anyways. I (quickly) walked over to Atomic Coffee and bought an orange juice. I slammed that sucker faster than I've ever slammed a drink in my life. Then I made myself sit still and just focus.

He finally made a few small movements, but after all the activity I was USED to feeling from him, it wasn't until 2 p.m., another call to the Birthing Center, and he had started acting his normal squirmy self again that I was starting to feel like not going home for the day and breaking completely down.

The rest of the day proceeded like normal. And now it's definitely bedtime.

I hope that is the last traumatic day I have for awhile - I just can't take the emotional stress. :(


Photos of baby.............coming soon!

By the way - When the baby does finally decide to make an appearance, here's where you'll be able to see some photos -

Innovis Health's Web Nursery (click on the banner in the upper right)

Our blog - casandandy.com/blog

Photos should be up a couple days after he's born, which may be any day/week now.


Still waiting...

Well, after another round of pre-labor contractions on Sunday morning, I had absolutely NOTHING going on until this (Tuesday) morning. I had the same thing as this weekend - back pain, and some sharp, shooting pains down in my lower abdomen, like the baby is PUNCHING my cervix. And now that I think of it, I had these pains (although they were milder and didn't last nearly as long) starting last Friday morning or earlier.

Anyways, I was timing them, and I had one hour's worth of contractions that arrived about every 10-15 minutes starting at about 10 a.m., as far as I could tell. And MAN, was the baby kicking and moving around - he was active ALL day long today, with only a couple of times I could tell where for maybe an hour he wasn't really moving.

Then tonight again - about 10 p.m. - the contractions started again, and again they're anywhere from 30-15-10 minutes apart, so nothing to write home about yet. They're still going though, and it's been almost an hour and a half - I'm about to go to bed so we'll see if they let up when I lay down here.

I still have 2 more days before my EDD, and most first-timers (I've heard) go beyond their date - usually by about 5 days, sometimes by as much as 14 - so I'm just reminding myself that I have another week or more maybe to go. (It helps to chant "you have 2 more weeks, you have 2 more weeks" over and over to keep myself from really going crazy.)

As a side note - the reason why I'm calling them pre-labor contractions? I found some info here that we really weren't told about in birthing classes - but seem to describe what I'm feeling pretty well.


Another pregnancy update - more signs

For those interested in an update from my last post (the TMI one) - here's some more info -

So, yesterday (Saturday) I was feeling ok - a tiny bit of nausea, but it didn't stop me from going out shopping at Menard's (local hardware uber store) and then partaking as much as I could stuff my face with of the spectaculicious buffet at Passage to India. (Yes, I was trying the old walking and spicy food tricks.) Baby is awake and kicking around for sometimes almost an hour before he dozes off again for about another 3 - so I was feeling rolls, jabs, kicks and tickles all day.

This next part may be a bit TMI -Collapse )

So right now I'm grooving a bit in my chair to some DJ Tiesto, because it makes the pain in my back and arms feel manageable. I have a feeling I won't be doing much sitting today - I feel like dancing.

Oh, and for those interested in the astrological - if my baby is born today, he'll be an Aries, like me. Tomorrow and he'll be a Taurus. I want him to come out soon, but I think in the long run, I'd rather deal with the Taurus. :)

Something I'm looking forward to --
Sleeping on my stomache again - oh man do I ever miss it!

Something I'm going to miss -
Feeling those little swirls, jabs and tickles in my abdomen


Still pregnant...

May be a bit TMI for those who are eating while reading this, etc.

You've been warned.Collapse )


Contemplating the Home Office

Hmmm.... This is harder than I thought.

I'm trying to set up a home office area in my new home that I will be using as my work-space full-time, 40 hours per week. Problem is, the desk I was going to use (a piece of corner countertop on legs) is too big for the area I was planning to put it (in the living room). (Until we finish a room downstairs, I'm stuck in the living or dining room.)

So, I set up an ugly drawing table in that space instead, and plan to drape a large tablecloth over the top of it. I'll be putting my CRT monitor on it, along with other desktop stuff, keyboard and mouse.

I just don't know what else to do right now, besides re-arrange the dining room to accomodate the countertop desk, but I'm not sure I can make that work either. :\


Life's changes

Oh, what can happen in a year. New (better) job, wedding, funeral, house, baby - all in that order. Don't kid yourself if you think all that won't change you, it sure changed me.

I'm still an artist at heart, but these days my artistic spirits are channeled into efficient and productive web design and development, home decoration and baby preparation.

I can't say I miss those frustrating years of trying to "find myself" in self-absorbed pursuits - I wish I had given up on that fruitless scavenger hunt sooner and gotten with the "real-world", to be perfectly blunt about it. I fought myself at every turn, second-guessing this and changing that; turning my "hunt" into a schizophrenic mad-dash through an endless series of loops and spirals punctuated by highs and lows. Hindsight IS 20/20, and although I wish I had taken off the rose-colored glasses sooner, I don't really regret what I did to myself - because I'm not sure I would appreciate what I have today as much if I hadn't.

And although I've given away many of my art-making supplies when I moved into my new house a month and a half ago, I have held onto some of the basic supplies. Because someday I'll feel the need to revisit those years, but I'll revisit them in a way that's entirely different than before. And this time, I'm much more confident that it will be in a way that's more authentic. That's the magic of the spirit of creation.

BTW - baby is "full-term" (37 weeks) now - so we're just down to a waiting game. It feels like forever sometimes, but I know it's going to fly by way too fast. Time to get my website updated so I can post photos.


Latest Month

May 2008


RSS Atom
Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by chasethestars